Monday, April 21, 2008

Soulja Boy vs. Lebron James

Now onto something a bit more upbeat, I would even say it's funny...

So Soulja Boy feels that LeBron James has disrespected him. This all started last month when Wizards guard DeShawn Stevenson called LeBron "overrated." Now as much as can't stand "King James" this is not so true and he is really a beast on the court. But I can't get mad at DeShawn for trying to get under the guy's skin as the Cav's seem to have the Wizards number in the playoffs (not this year hopefully), but back to the story...

So in an interview afer Stevenson's remarks, BronBron was asked about the comments and said this, "it's kind of funny. It's almost like Jay-Z [responding to a negative comment] made by Soulja Boy. It doesn't make sense to respond." Well I think thats a response, its dissing Stevenson. But Soulja Boy also took it as a diss to him. He has this to say just the other day about it, "Someone from Interscope Records called me and sent me the quote, I looked and didn't really think much about it. LeBron said something like he was Jay-Z and DeShawn [Stevenson] is Soulja Boy. I took that as [disrespectful]." So clearly he wasn't happy in that regard but went on to say, "this makes me feel like a very important individual. I'm in the middle of this conversation in the playoffs, and that makes me feel good."

I guess I'm happy if Soulja Boy is happy. Shouldn't we all be?

For real though, I like the fact that someone basically said that Soulja Boy is a blip on the screen and not worth real artists time because his 15 minutes are just about up. With such great lyrics like "supaman dat ho" and telling kids to tell people "yahhh, trick, yahhh" when you want them to go away, I don't think that he should have even gotten 15 seconds.

So thanks LeBron, even though you dissed DeShawn thanks for getting at Soulja Boy too, even though thats too easy.

No comments: