Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mixtape: Julie Parrty Mix

Here is a mix I mentioned putting up here last week. It is an old mix I made for a friend's birthday party in 2002 (the party was on 12/16/02, to be exact). It's a mix of classic hip-hop jams (I called it "Julie Parrty Mix") and from a quick listen I can say that the tracks are good but the mixing and scratching are somewhat suspect. But whatever, I am still posting it up here for everyone to check out. Like the title says it was made for my friend, Julie, who passed away early this month. This isn't meant as a sentimental mix of songs by any means, really just wanted to revisit the mix given the circumstances and figured it was now or never. I went by DJ Naive at the time but call it a mix by Jayemzee. So here is it, check it out, please forgive any sloppiness, and enjoy. And remember, live and love life to the fullest as Julie did and I'm sure she wants us to do now.



Side A Tracklisting:

Fugees - Nappy Heads (remix)
The Pharcyde - Soulflower (remix)
The Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies
A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario
House of Pain - Jump Around (Pete Rock remix)
The Beatnuts - Watch Out Now
Erick Sermon & Redman - React
Jay-Z - I Just Wanna Love U
Ol' Dirty Bastart - Shimmy Shimmy Ya
Dr. Dre (w. Snoop) - Nuthin' But a G Thang
Dr. Dre (w. Snoop) - The Next Episode
Notorious BIG - Hypnotize
2Pac & Digital Underground - I Get Around



Side B Tracklisting:

Zimbabwe Legit - To Bead or Not to Bead
Naughty By Nature - Hip-Hop Hooray
Black Sheep - The Choice is Yours (revisited)
Redman - Time 4 Sum Aksion
Young Black Teenagers - Tap the Bottle
Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
DMX -Born Loser
A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation
Notorious BIG - Juicy (Pete Rock remix)
Ed O.G & the Bulldogs - I Got to Have It
DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince - A Touch of Jazz (inst.)
3rd Bass - Pop Goes the Weasel
Slick Rick - Children's Story
Run-DMC - Peter Piper

Finally, this is a start in a few mixes I've made that are in digital (or can be in digital) format. More to come next week. I wish my computer recording program wasn't on the skitz because I would love to make new ones. One day...

No comments: