Monday, April 21, 2008

So its been a minute...

Life's been interesting in the past couple of weeks. Things have been kind of turned upside down but are working there way back around. A friend passed away recently and blogging kind of felt like a waste of time, really nothing seemed to be important enough to b.s. about. The friend was Julie Granum, someone I had known for pretty much forever as I have been best friends with her brother Jamie since about kindergarten and my sister was one of her best friends since they met at a similar young age. Really tragic as Julie was truly a one of a kind person who had the most amazingly postive outlook on life, such a great soul. Someone who will be truly missed by the many people whose lives she touched in so many ways. So happy, loving, caring, so many adjectives to describe her and all of them positive but I feel that word cannot properly describe her. She will be missed so greatly.

I am in the process of converting a tape to digital that I had made for a birthday party for her in 2002. Nothing really sentimental with regards to the track selection but I figured if i was going to ever listen to the mix again now was the time. So that will appear up here before the end of the week...

In closing, here is a video of one her favorite songs. It was played to close out the funeral and is really quite wonderful. Julie, I (and so many others) will miss you. R.I.P. Much love and peace from now until eternity. Until we meet again..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sweet memory of my sister, she was the balance to my life and I do not know how I will go on without her guiding me. Julie, I'm glad I got to surf with you one last time. Surfs up, lets go...I love you.
James