Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Got my computer working again...

Yesterday evening after too much time messing around with my computer I finally got my audio interface for my computer working again. I had messed around with it to varying degrees over the course of the last year with little luck, yesterday I did everything I had tried before plus I switched some cabling and moving some PCI cards inside my computer. Well, none of that worked but I essentially limited it down to a program error. So I downloaded some updated drivers and that worked for a bit. So as a test, I recorded a whole record in one hour long take. The record was the one on my turntable, "Cicero Park" by Hot Chocolate (I picked this up in a quick dig last week for $0.25, it was a good day where I got about 8 records for $1.50.) Not really that spectacular an album but it does have a couple of decent tracks, one of which has been sampled in the hip-hop realm. I can't place the exact track that used it but it has a west coast sorta vibe to it. Let me know if you can place who sampled it.



Getting my computer to work gave me a natural high...
More tracks to come in the future if my computer holds up. I sure as hell hope it does.

No comments: