Thursday, June 19, 2008

DC Area Beat's Spectacular

Time to rep some beats from the DC area. First is a track by See-I called "The King" and this is a remix by Magic Fly. It came out on a 10" 6 months ago or so. See-I is a live reggae group from DC featuring some members of Thievery Corporation (vocalists Roots & Zeebo, guitarist/sitar player Rob Myers, and saxophonist Frank Mitchell). They rock the house when they perform and supposedly have an album coming out in the future.



Next is a track that just came out that is by a few different artists. It is titled "SBC" by the All Good Funk Alliance vs. Neighbour featuring Wax Romeo. AGFA hail from Virginia (yea, I know it's not DC, that's why I put "area" in the title of the post), while the other 2 dudes are from Canada (most def not DC, more like BC). All artists involved are into the funky breaks sorta sound. I tend to like the AGFA sound a bit more than the others but here working together they create a nice little track.



Going on vacation Saturday. More on that tomorrow as I drop a gem or two on you for Friday's pick... and don't worry, I'm gonna try to get some posts up while I'm away, I think I can pull it off.

Editor's note: Audio's not working, will try to get operational later this afternoon

Editor's note II: Maybe it is working, just slow to load

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Virginia's not in DC! Boooo on virginia!!!