Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Lif Droppin' Tuesday!



So I heard it today, new Mr. Lif album is being released Tuesday, April 21st (Out now on iTunes). "I Heard It Today" (yea, thats why I started the post like I did) sounds like it'll be a treat for Lif fans and a return to a more cohesive album like "I Phantom" after "Mo' Mega" was a bit all over the place. You can tell he's on a similar kick as the "I Phantom" & "Emergency Rations EP" as the artwork for the single uses the same characters.



The beats are handled by Edan, J-Zone, Willie Evans Jr., Therapy, and more so they'll be alot more interesting than a few of the tracks on the last effort, no El-P production here as he is no longer on the Def Jux label. There's a nice interview here about the album, his Def Jux break-up, and his dreads. Make sure you peep the new track at the bottom of the page. And also, download this. Haven't listened to it yet but it's a 50+ minute megamix of Mr. Lif tracks, old & new.

Looks like he is on tour now so check him out in a city near you and support real hip-hop. No DC date but he was just hear a few months ago so you can't fault him for that.

No comments: